Dr. Hanumant Karad
Dr. H.T. Karad is an eminent Eye Surgeon, Educationist, devoted teacher dedicated social worker and astute thinker. He is committed to Medical Profession and society at large Netra Pratisthan founded by him is an example of service above self. He believes that humanity is religion and service to poor and needy is worship of god.
- Executive Director, Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Medical College &YeshwantraoChavan Rural Hospital, Latur
- Professor & HOD Dept. of Ophthalmology, MIMSR Medical College, Latur
- Eye Surgeon, YeshwantraoChavan Rural Hospital, Latur.
- Executive President, Netrapratisthan’s Eye Bank, Latur.
- Managing Trustee D.S. Karad Eye Institute, Kaushalya Hospital, Campus, MIDC, Latur.
- President Lions Club, Latur
- Dr. Karad born at Rameshwar, very good school, records, he passed primary and secondary school examinations with Government and School Scholarships and Merit awards.
- He has excellent academic career throughout his life.
- Passed SSC in 1973 from Pune Board.
- Passed Pre-professional examination in 1975 of Pune Board with distinction.
- Passed MBBS of Poona University in 1979
- Passed MS (Ophth) of Poona University in 1984
Well-known Teacher & Eye Specialist for last seventeen years. Operated on thousands of blind cases for cataract and many other operations – hundreds of Keratoplasties.
- Indian Ophthalmological Society more than 15 Yrs.
- Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society more 20 yrs
- Honorary Secretary Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society: Year 2010
- Honorary Treasurer Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society: Year 2008
- Management Council Member, Senate Member of Dr. BabasahebAmbedkarMarathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Vision 2020 India
- TV & Radio broadcasting about different diseases & community ophthalmology.
- Articles in newspaper on ocular disorders.
- Three papers published in National Journal.
- Five papers in International Journal
Examiner, Moderator, Paper Setter, Resource Person:
- Karnataka University, Gulbarga.
- Dr. BabasahebAmbedkarMarathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Swami ramanandTeerthMarathwada University, Nanded Maharashtra
- University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
Meeting & Conferences Organizational Work :
- Regional: Conducted two Marathwada Regional Conferences in 1994 & 2005
- Local: Many symposia, workshops & seminar at Latur for Ophthalmology, Phaco, Oculoplasty, glaucoma, DCR.
- International Workshops: Medical Education attended 6 International workshops.
- National Workshops: Many National Workshops
– Teaching techniques
– Hospital Management
– Curriculum Planning
- Public Library Movement. – Established 5 public libraries in and around Latur with thousands of books – Reading books movement in that region
- Community Ophthalmology: Services to the society at large. Free Eye camps to masses on 15th Aug, 26th Jan, 10th Jun and many occasions and rural places for senior citizens, freedom fighter, squint correction, services to underprivileged.